Pages

Thursday

Quick and Easy Chicken ala King

This is another of my daughter's "Comfort Foods." She could care less about the biscuits and will eat this like a thick soup. Even my son, will eat this! I use whatever chicken is available, but if cooking from scratch I poach chicken breasts on the bone and I add onion and carrots, then I use the carrots for the final dish.

Chicken ala King

1 package biscuits (your favorite biscuit)
2 or 3 chicken breast, poached and diced
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 (10oz) can condensed chicken broth
1 1/4 cups milk
1 small can peas (or canned peas and carrots is fine)
1 small can mushrooms (stems and pieces is fine)
1 jar diced pimientos, drained
salt and pepper to taste

Poach chicken and dice (or dice precooked chicken.) Prepare biscuits.

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour, stir until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.

Add chicken and all remaining ingredients; mix well. Simmer 5 minutes or until throughly heated. Taste for seasonings.

Serve over biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment