Pages

Wednesday

Vegetable Beef Soup

I can not believe I haven't posted this recipe yet. I know it by heart, but everytime I need to make it I cannot find the recipe card. Odd, huh. This is a keeper, and oh so simple. I usually double it, but I am posting the original recipe.

1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
2 cups potatoes, diced
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
4 cups water
1 tsp kitchen bouquet
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil (don't leave it out)

Brown ground beef in large stock pot over medium heat, adding vegetables and beef browns, until beef is brown and vegetables start to soften. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until vegetable are tender, about 30 minutes.

I usually simmer for about an hour low heat. Freezes very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment