Pages

Sunday

The Best Banana Bread Ever

I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe before now. It must be here somewhere - miscategorized or something. Or, maybe it was one of my past blogs. Yeah, that’s probably it. This recipe is the best. Makes great take-along gifts, I’m taking one mini-loaf to Joshua's teacher today when I pick him up. You know…sucking up. Enjoy.

• Banana Bread •

Preheat oven to 350 degrees - Grease loaf pan (I use three Mini-loaf pans)

2 Cups All-purpose Flour (you can also use 1/2 whole wheat flour)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Butter, softened (no substitutions)
1 Cup Sugar (can also substitute with brown sugar for equal yumminess)
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 or 4 Bananas, extra ripe, mashed ( I use four or five)
1 Cup Chopped Nuts, optional (I use walnuts)

Sift flour, soda and salt. Cream butter. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in mashed bananas. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts.

Bake in well greased loaf pans or 8-inch square cake pan for 1 hour or until tests done.

No comments:

Post a Comment