Pages

Wednesday

Three Cheese Pasta

A few weeks ago I asked for some good and healthful dinner recipes. My friend Michele at Coffeesoup sent me a few that looked really yummy. This is one. I mean really anything that has garlic and oil and fresh spinach and chicken and cheese.....How can it be bad?

1 teaspoon olive oil
cooking spray
salt and pepper
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 16 oz carton low fat cottage cheese
4 or 5 cups hot cooked penne pasta (or any tube shaped pasta)
2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup milk (I use 1% milk, but I'm sure whatever you use will work fine)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup (or cream of broccoli and I bet cream of asparagus would be good too!) undiluted

Cook your pasta per package
preheat oven to 425

heat oil in sauté pan add spinach, garlic and salt and pepper to taste (I don't know, about 3 good shakes of each?) until spinach wilts

place cottage cheese in food processor, process until very smooth.

Combine spinach, cottage cheese, chicken, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/4 cup parmesan, milk and soup in a large bowl.

fold in cooked pasta.

Spoon mixture in a 2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.

Bake uncovered at 425 for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment